The Hospital has a modern and fully equipped Physiotherapy Unit with the latest physiotherapy equipment and qualified and dedicated physiotherapists. The department also comprises of occupational therapy and manual therapy.
(A) Outpatient Physiotherapy Services
The outpatient physiotherapy services provided include:
· Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy - Specialized management of common spine and limb sprains, strains and injuries.
· Back Exercise Classes - Exercise class specifically designed for low back pain individuals who want to improve their trunk/core stability.
· Specialized classes utilizing Pilates concept and equipment are also available to help patients strengthen their trunk muscles and improve their core stability.
· Knee Classes - An exercise class specifically designed for individuals with ligamentous and meniscal injuries of the knee. The class is also suitable for individuals who have undergone surgical repair of their knee injuries.
· Manipulative Physiotherapy - This a very specialized area of physiotherapy using joint manipulative techniques and specific exercises to treat patients with musculoskeletal conditions.
(B) Inpatient Physiotherapy Services
Physiotherapy is provided for our hospital inpatients. Our inpatient physiotherapy services include:
· Orthopaedic/Surgical Rehabilitation - For inpatients who have undergone surgery as a medical treatment
· Neurological Rehabilitation - For inpatients who are rehabilitated after an acute stroke or other debilitating conditions
· Geriatric Rehabilitation - Rehabilitation for the geriatric inpatients
· Intensive Care Services - For patients in the intensive care unit